|Portrayed by||Lois Wilson|
|Residence||East Egg, Long Island, United States|
Daisy was born in 1899 to a wealthy family in Louisville, Kentucky. In 1917, 18-year-old Daisy was extremely popular among the military officers stationed near her home, including Jay Gatsby. Gatsby lied about his background to Daisy, claiming to be from a wealthy family in order to convince her that he was worthy of her. Eventually, Gatsby won Daisy’s heart, and they made love before Gatsby left to fight in the war. Daisy promised to wait for Gatsby, but in 1919 she chose instead to marry Tom Buchanan, a young man from a solid, aristocratic family who could promise her a wealthy lifestyle and who had the support of her parents. She was pretending to be innocent. She was seductive because of Gatsby saying, "her voice is full of money".Daisy is a wealthy woman who lives in East Egg with Tom Buchanan.
- The Great Gatsby (1926) Played by Lois Wilson
- The Great Gatsby (1949) Played by Betty Field
- The Great Gatsby (1974) Played by Mia Farrow
- The Great Gatsby (2000) Played by Mira Sorvino
- The Great Gatsby (2013) Played by Carey Mulligan